Tools for Creating OER
- Add open textbooks to your library catalogue using these free MARC records from BC Campus.
- Create your own online, open access academic journal with this free, open source software from SFU’s Public Knowledge Project (PKP).
- Create your own online books with this open source tool, also from PKP.
- Create your own open textbooks with this open source application based on WordPress. BC Campus and many other open textbook initiatives use Pressbooks.
- Use this tool to record and narrate your screen. For example, you can record your slide deck and your lecture, saving it for later viewing by your students.
- This widely used open source content management system runs about 20% of all web sites on the internet and can be used for creating and displaying all kinds of online OERs, including student projects.
Do you have a favourite OER creation tool? Tell us about and we’ll add it to our list.